FT blunt nose updates: motor and battery

Installed the firewall and motor/prop. Sounds really awesome when turned on. This is the 1450kv motor they recommend on the flitetest.com build. 7/4 prop.20140630-143947-52787905.jpg 20140630-143946-52786503.jpg 20140630-143944-52784755.jpg One problem i did have was that my 2200mah battery was a little too tall. I had to cut a hole in the top door to make it work. I decided to build a little cage around the battery so it could not move around in flight. This is reinforced on the bottom with 4 Popsicle sticks. 20140630-144009-52809630.jpg 20140630-144008-52808157.jpg The CG on this thing is premarked by the flitetest team so i know where to balance. Issue now is figuring out how much weight i need to put in the nose. Even with a gopro it is going to need a bunch more weight to be slightly nose heavy.

Advertisements

FT versa update: Added gopro mount and wing tips

First i glued a little case together to hold the gopro. Next I set the gopro down on a sheet of foam, and using the gopro apps live view, I moved the camera forward until I could not see it anymore. This gave me the placement from the leading edge that i wanted.

20140626-100218-36138911.jpg

 

Instead of removing the part from the plane that I needed for the gopro mount,  making  just a hole, I glued it down to reinforce the front leading edge.

20140626-102342-37422733.jpg

20140626-102426-37466259.jpg

 

Next i glued in the frame I had made, installed the Velcro strap, and glued some reinforcing bars (Popsicle sticks) on the bottom.

20140626-102738-37658276.jpg

20140626-102741-37661016.jpg

20140626-102739-37659819.jpg

 

With the wingtips installed I can now store it vertically.

20140626-122658-44818425.jpg

Next will be motor, esc, immersionRC, and rx. Lastly i will install the battery to get proper CG.

20140626-123036-45036152.jpg