The connection of the fuselage to the wings was very similar to the tail pieces with the exception that i also needed to cutout a place in the wing for the motor. Again mainly this involved lightly clamping things together and measuring over and over comparing both sides on top and bottom before cutting away the laminate and cutting thru the wing. I probably cut a little bit more than i needed off of the wing, but after seeing how well epp glues to itself and plastic i knew i could just fill these spots in later and have a solid connection.
In one of Jeremiah’s comments on either facebook or youtube, he had mentioned that he liked to fill in the cutout spaces with some shoogoo, as this gives a very nice surface to stick things too like velcro. I have tried this on a couple planes and sticky back stuff LOVES shoogoo surfaces. Works awesome. So since i had to wait for e6000 to dry i added shogoo to the compartments facing up.
Its a little hard to see whats going on in this picture, but what i have done is placed a scrap piece of carbon fiber flat stock across the top of the motor so that the motor is pushed down on to the bottom plate of the fuselage. When i initially tried just sandwiching the motor plate between the top and bottom fuselage pieces it made the motor have a very strong downward angle. After this dried for a few hours i went back and applied glue to the top fuselage piece and glued it down. I also took some scrap pieces of epp and glued the edges of the wing to the motor plates.
This picture shows how close the tail booms are to the 9×6. Probably have 1/8 to 2/8 of distance. I have spun up the prop with no problem and the booms are pretty stiff, but in a crash i have no doubt its going to make contact.