FT blunt nose updates: motor and battery

Installed the firewall and motor/prop. Sounds really awesome when turned on. This is the 1450kv motor they recommend on the flitetest.com build. 7/4 prop.20140630-143947-52787905.jpg 20140630-143946-52786503.jpg 20140630-143944-52784755.jpg One problem i did have was that my 2200mah battery was a little too tall. I had to cut a hole in the top door to make it work. I decided to build a little cage around the battery so it could not move around in flight. This is reinforced on the bottom with 4 Popsicle sticks. 20140630-144009-52809630.jpg 20140630-144008-52808157.jpg The CG on this thing is premarked by the flitetest team so i know where to balance. Issue now is figuring out how much weight i need to put in the nose. Even with a gopro it is going to need a bunch more weight to be slightly nose heavy.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s