First i glued a little case together to hold the gopro. Next I set the gopro down on a sheet of foam, and using the gopro apps live view, I moved the camera forward until I could not see it anymore. This gave me the placement from the leading edge that i wanted.
Instead of removing the part from the plane that I needed for the gopro mount, making just a hole, I glued it down to reinforce the front leading edge.
Next i glued in the frame I had made, installed the Velcro strap, and glued some reinforcing bars (Popsicle sticks) on the bottom.
With the wingtips installed I can now store it vertically.
Next will be motor, esc, immersionRC, and rx. Lastly i will install the battery to get proper CG.